If buyer decides for any reason that he/she cannot keep their Silver Butte Golden Retriever dog, we MUST be notified and given first right of refusal to obtain said dog. If buyer is not happy with his new puppy it can be returned to Silver Butte Golden Retrievers within one week for a replacement of equal value. Buyer is responsible for all costs associated with pup’s return. Under NO circumstances can a dog be released to a shelter or a rescue organization.
In the event that a Silver Butte dog is suspected of having a hereditary defect, this is the procedure to follow:
1. Notify us by telephone, email, Facebook, etc.
2. Submit hip x-rays to OFA (We do NOT honor or support Penn Hip readings-AKC only recognizes the OFA as a registry) We also require that you send us a copy of the x-ray, or send us a copy of the ophthalmologist eye exam, or other test results that confirm the defect..
If the dog cannot obtain a normal hip or eye certification, or has a hereditary problem precluding it to be nonfunctional or unbreedable, then to qualify for a replacement:
The dog must be returned to us in good health, or if the problem warrants the dog must be put to sleep by your veterinarian, and a letter from him stating that he has done so must be sent to us.
The entire purchase price of any dog covered by this warranty may be applied to a puppy from the next available Silver Butte litter of your choice if the said dog/puppy is returned to us. If you decide to keep the dog:
To be covered by our Warranty:
1. The dog must be owned by the original buyer as stated on the Bill of Sale and not have changed owners.
2. The dog must NOT have whelped or sired a litter.
3. The dog must be under 26 months of age.
4. The dog must NOT have been spayed or neutered prior to its second birthday.
If you opt to keep the dog, we require a Veterinarian’s written proof of neutering/spaying. Following this procedures, you are entitled to another Silver Butte puppy for one-half the current purchase price. Seller does NOT pay veterinary fees, or any other associated costs such as shipping, OFA fees etc.
Note: In order to be covered by our warranty, All puppies out of Silver Butte Golden Retrievers will need to be on NuVet Plus K9 Wafers daily supplements for the first two years of life.
Note: Puppies go home with the proper dewormer and vaccination appropriate to their age. If these vaccines administered by our vet are ignored, and the vaccination process is started over this contract is void.
Note: There have been multiple studies done regarding hip and elbow dysplasia and linking it to over exercising and lack of nutrition. Please be aware of this and take this into consideration while raising a new pup. If this warranty has to be used, questions will be asked about exercising and nutrition that may also void certain parts of the contract.